Saturday, September 28, 2013

PREGNANCY

"I'm pregnant!" I will never forget the night I said those life changing words to Adrian. There was an immediate smile on his face, along with a look of shock and disbelief! We had not been "trying" to get pregnant, however, I had quit taking my birth control about six months before because I really did not like the way it made me feel. Even though we weren't "trying" after about three months, I started to wonder if maybe I just wasn't going to get pregnant. I'm sure many woman have gone through the same thing. I definitely wondered, but I decided not to let myself worry too much about it. Besides if anyone had asked me at the time if I was ready to be parent, I'm pretty sure my answer would have been "NO". Three months later everything changed. I remember so vividly the night I found out. Looking at the test and seeing a "(+)" holy cow, I had no idea that seeing that symbol could make me so happy! I ran to Adrian as fast as I could, I wanted to tell him in a special way....but I could NOT hold it in. I immediately showed him that little stick and shared some of the sweetest happiest moments of my life with him that night. Now for a little about my pregnancy. I am writing this at almost 34 weeks already, so I will go back and share with you some of the details about my experience with pregnancy. Within the first 12 weeks the only symptom I felt was a sore chest. At 12 weeks I began to nauseous. I felt nauseous pretty much the entire day for two weeks. I did not throw up at all, in fact I haven't thrown up the entire pregnancy but the nausea was enough for me. By this time I had quit my job as a waitress about a month before and was currently applying to work for the school district, so it was kind of nice to get to stay at home and relax while I was feel nauseous. 16 WEEKS: Feeling great at this point, no nausea. Pretty much feeling normal not really pregnant yet.
19 WEEKS: Again no change, feeling great and realizing I'm about halfway!
Then.....we found out we're having....A BOY!!!!!!! I cried in the room when they told me it was boy. It became so real to me at this point. Now I wished the rest of my pregnancy would just fly by so I could meet our baby boy!
And of course....I immediately went shopping.
20 WEEKS: Hiking in Yosemite. I have hiked this very same hike before not pregnant, and at 20 weeks I definitely noticed the difference in my body. I was still able to do it, but had to pace myself quite a bit. At this point still feeling great though!
24 WEEKS..I think: Again starting to just feel bigger. At this point I was pretty steadily gaining a pound a week. Not sure how much I had gained total at this point. Hiked Mission Peak with my little brother. SO HARD but I felt great afterwards!
25-27 WEEKS: Now is comes the point where I started to feel pregnant. Not in a bad way though. I started feeling him kick A LOT!!! His kicks didn't hurt and still don't but they are powerful and I LOVE them! Its crazy just watching my belly move all over the place when he is really active, its definitely the best part.
31 WEEKS: Feeling more tired by week 31. Other than that still feeling good, still no pain and no trouble sleeping. My maternity pants are my BEST friend! I think I will probably still wear them even when I'm not pregnant, for those nights I'm just feeling extra bloated :)
Now for some maternity PICTURES just recently done. My photographer, Chung Li was so wonderful and I love every single one of the pictures he took. He made me feel like such a beautiful pregnant woman. I will post a few but if you would like to see more check out his blog
I will post a few more in my last few weeks of pregnancy. I have only 7 WEEKS left! I have gained a total of 20 LBS!!! Still overall feeling wonderful and tired :) Also I have started the home study course of HYPNOBABIES. It is a self hypnosis program to help me have an easier and natural labor, which is my goal. So far I haven't been able to stay awake for a whole session but I will continue to try.

1 comment: